Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Queen of The List

I'm a planner. Born, bred, raised - I don't know, but however it came to be...I LOVE a good list.

Naturally, trying to make a to-do list for my wedding was step #1 on the priority list that fateful first day of being engaged... HA! What a joke that was - not only did I have zero idea of timing for when things should be checked off...I had no clue what should actually be on my list! So I started with a few obvious choices...dress, date, venue, photographer, cake (actually that was number one....), and a rockin' band. Each day I would add to the list when a new task arose or when I remembered something else that needed to be included in my wedding. Of course, my short and organized list slowly grew to become multiple sticky notes ghetto rigged onto one 3 foot sticky note with scotch tape. The next few hours were spent crying, laughing, and threatening to elope multiple.
The next day, I hired a wedding planner - and let me be honest, BEST MOVE I EVER MADE.

My life became considerably easier and slightly less chaotic - but dammit, I missed my to-do list! Obviously it was a little sadistic to leave my life of travel and leisure to put more stress upon myself, but hey - what is being a bride all about right? :)


So yesterday, I made a new list (or shall we call it - a continuation of my new years resolutions with heightened sense of purpose now have an actual goal or wedding date as they call it....) So here it goes:

1. Eat clean
- I've always been a very healthy individual by choice, but have fallen into some bad habits with my fiance and I living together... He is nothing short of amazing, yet has the strangest ability to convince me that the poorest food choices actually sound like a good idea.
i.e. Ryan- "Let's stay at home and watch a movie with a good bottle of wine tonight OK?" Me- OF COURSE! My ideal night and so sweet to offer a night in. Ryan- "And so we don't have to worry about cooking or cleaning up the kitchen - I'll just order a nice little pizza." Me- OK, I guess that makes sense. 
3 slices later and half a bottle of Pinot later.....adios flat tummy, hello indigestion!


2. Stay positive and don't gossip
- Again, something I've always tried to do my whole life.... but amidst the wedding planning and dealing with questions, comments, criticisms....I may have strayed a bit to far from the "don't gossip" area...! Guilty as charged.


3. Become a Yogi (or at least become a regular)

- I've done yoga in the past, and for awhile in college - I got pretty into the scene (this was in Boulder though so that made things a lot easier....). But now - I've got a pretty good sense of workouts outside of yoga - but there is something obviously and overtly intimidating about getting up and going to a class. Someone once said....the hardest part about going to yoga is walking in the door - Amen sister.



4. Try something new everyday
- Even if it is a little thing, do SOMETHING new or different every day. This one is going to be the hardest for me, I'm not sure why - but I like my routines.


There it is- the next list in my long career of scheduling. But you know what, I feel pretty good about this one. Hopefully we can set some more concrete goals for the wedding. But let's be honest, step 1 is just about getting them on paper!


To be continued...
A









No comments:

Post a Comment